The S I G H T S E E R


WHAT - This is my photo journal. Select photos which pass my personal criterion get posted here.

WHAT CAMERAS DO I USE - Initially, it was camera-phones. I had Nokia's first digital camera phone, the 7650. Then, it was the Nokia 6600. If you browse my archives, you can see that some of my earlier pictures were done using camera phones. Two years ago, I planned on acquiring a digital SLR. But I thought I had to climb the ladder of learning the old-fashioned way. So, I decided to shift into a point-and-shoot digital camera with semi-SLR features. Most photos you see here are taken with the wonderful Kodak CX7430. Occasionally, I post pictures from close friends who give me interesting pictures. Their cameras are properly credited. In 2007, I added two new cameras to my armory, the equally awesome graphite-colored Kodak M853, and the Canon PowerShot SX100 IS.

WHAT ARE MY PHOTO-EDITING SOFTWARES - Except for the usual cropping, brightness, contrast, and gamma corrections, I do minimal editing. I use either Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 or the humble PhotoFiltre 6.3.1

WHO - Call me Dr Emer. I'm a practicing physician from Manila, Philippines. I am not a professional photographer nor did I take formal classes on photography. I am learning to take pictures on my own, and hope to improve on my style as time goes on. My main blog is here.

WHY - Because I think beautiful and interesting pictures should live forever. If I see them, you should see them, too. Besides, the variety of the subject matter never bores me. There is always a new photo every day. Not everything gets published though; often, I select the best of the best to be posted.

FREQUENCY - a tight and hectic schedule interferes frequently with my blogging, and so, you must bear with me if my postings become irregular. My main vocation is still caring and looking after sick people. Photography serves not only as a hobby, but therapy for my stressed lifestyle.

WHEN - this photoblog has been presenting my photographs since November 2004, when I was still using my Nokia 7650. I always carry my camera with me, and I always try to take a photograph of almost anything. I will probably continue taking pictures until the world ends.

WHERE - Everywhere! In my house, in my street, in my city, at work, in the provinces, neighboring Asian cities, the United States, Europe, Canada, and everywhere! Photography never runs out of subjects to cover.

CONTACT ME - If you have any comments, or want to purchase any of the photos you see, feel free to write me a letter at doc[dot]emer[at]gmail[dot]com.

RETURN TO ----> S I G H T S E E R

24.7.06 by Dr. Emer




eXTReMe Tracker